Purpose of Program:
At Mason we strive to rise above student expectations, but we cannot do it without engaging you, the student. This is your chance to be a force for positive change. The role of University Life Regional Campuses Student Ambassadors is to be the student voice of each campus. This program will enhance students‘ overall experience by creating impactful programming that creates a more engaged, active, and connected student community at the each regional campus. Ambassadors will work together as a unit and individually at each campus to create events and programs that allow the campus community to come together in various ways. Student Ambassadors will also act a student resource to help connect their fellow peers to student services and resources at each campus. By working together and with the entire Regional Campus University Life team, Student Ambassadors will help build and strengthen the campus community at our various campuses.
Ambassadors will engage in activities that:
- Communicate the mission and culture of George Mason University and University Life
- Promote Mason pride
- Encourage lifelong involvement and engagement with Mason
- Act as an informational resource for student services
- Work with student organizations to encourage involvement with University Life
- Act as a link and/or liaison between different academic programs/departments and University Life at each respective campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the university at both virtual and in-person events at each campus
- Assist with information tabling events
- Involvement with student presentations and panels
- Attend regularly scheduled student ambassador meetings and retreats
- Help advocate and connect current students to all student services
- Work with fellow student ambassadors to create programming and events at respective campuses
- Advocate for student needs
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Must be a current Mason Square (formerly Arlington Campus) or SciTech based student
- Enthusiasm to positively represent George Mason University and respective campus
- Must be a student in good standing and not on Academic Warning, Probation, or Disciplinary Probation
- Must commit to working a full academic year
- Dependable, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group setting
- Experience with student organization or leadership positions
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with the regional campus team
- Attend at least one respective regional campus event each month, or as appropriate.
- Promote respective regional campuses on social media platforms
As a Regional Campus Ambassador you will:
- Develop leadership skills and build your resume.
- Engage with other student leaders as well as faculty and staff.
- Serve the Mason Square (formerly Arlington Campus) and SciTech campus community.
- Student Ambassadors will receive a $300 stipend at the end of each semester that they are in the program.
Click here to apply today! If you have any questions please contact the University Life Arlington office at 703-993-8984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.